$319.00 – $369.00
The stylish and functional Large Ceramic Water Purifier will make your water taste better and will help destroy harmful heavy metals and bacteria. Drink as nature intended.
- Wide range of colours
- Stores up to 12 litres of water
- Replaceable filters and taps
- Optional fluoride filter upgrade
- Made in Australia
Large Ceramic Water Purifier
Handmade from stoneware clay and fired to 1305 degrees celsius this purifier has been glazed using non-toxic materials and is the perfect container for storing water. The 12 month / 2000 litre Royal Doulton Super Sterasyl® which is standard on this system removes virtually all contaminants except fluoride; if fluoride is an issue please order with the Fluoride Plus™ filter, also good for 12 months or 2000 litres.
- Unlike terracotta and earthenware systems, theis stoneware system will not grow mould, become stained, deteriorate with age or leave a clay taste in your water. The inside of the purifier is glazed allowing ease of cleaning.
- The purifier is fired to stoneware temperature of 1305 centigrade making it the perfect non toxic material to filter and store drinking water. Firing at this high temperature ensures your water purifier is waterproof and extremely resilient to cracking, crazing and chipping.
- No fumes are given off as with plastics or metals allowing safer long storage.
- The insulating properties of stoneware will help keep your water naturally cool for drinking and ice may be added to the container for chilled water.
- Ceramic water filters are highly portable, they need no plumbing and they need no electricity.
- 1 Year warranty.
- Filter lasts for 12 months or 2000 litres, whichever comes first.
- Stainless steel tap that is easily replaceable if needed.
- Gravity fed ceramic water purifiers are easy to maintain, easy to use and are attractive additions to your home or office.
- Stoneware water purifiers are self-sterilising, they are made from 100% natural elements and they do not remove those minerals from the water which are beneficial to health.
Royal Doulton Super Sterasyl Filter (standard)
The 12 month or 2000 litre Super Sterasyl filter manufactured by Royal Doulton is one of the best gravity filters manufactured in the world. With its Absolute Filtration Rating (defined as >99.99%) of 0.9 microns, this filter is highly effective against particulate contamination, pathogenic bacteria, cysts, giardia, cryptosporidium as well as chlorine and organic removal capabilities. This filter has been tested and certified to The World Health Organization and the national laboratory standards of over 50 countries.
- Removes Pathogenic Bacteria: Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, Serratia, E.Coli, Fecal Coliform > 99.99% removal.
- Removes Cysts (>99.999%): Cryptosporidium Parvum and Giardia Lamblia – 100% removal (based on tests by Arizona State University).
- Reduces Organic Chemicals: Pesticides, herbicides, organic solvents, SOCs, VOCs, trihalomethanes.
- Reduces Chlorine > 95%
- Reduces Turbidity, Sediment and Particulate:
@ 0.9 micron> 99.99%
@ 0.5 – 0.8 micron> 99.9%
@ 0.2 – 0.3 micron> 98%
Fluoride Plus Filter
Fluoride Plus™ filter elements are manufactured in England and utilises a class leading silver impregnated ceramic micro porous outer shell, combined with state of the art granular core technology which removes fluoride plus virtually all other contaminants. This filter removes far more impurities the the Royal Doulton filter!
- Pathogenic bacteria 99.9999% (Alcontrol Laboratories)
E.coli and similar sized bacteria
- Cysts – 100% (ALcontrol Laboratories) Cryptosporidium Parvum, Giardia Lamblia
- Sediment – 100% absolute to 0.5 micron (IBR Laboratories)
- Chloramines – 99%
- Chlorine – 99%
- Lead – 99%
- Fluoride – 97%
- VOC – Volatile Organic Compounds – 98%
- Metals – Aluminium, iron, mercury, nickel & zinc – 98%
- Arsenic – 95%
- Glyphosate – 99.9%
- Nitrates – 99%
(INDEPENDENT LABORATORY TESTS – NSF/ANSI std 42 & 53 CHEMICAL REDUCTION TESTS)
Each order is manufactured on request and are in extremely high demand at the moment. Lead times are approximately 10 – 12 weeks.
There are many colour and design choices available. As these filters are made from natural materials, colour variations can occur. Use the colours in the images as a reference only.
260mm wide x 550mm high
This includes the included ceramic stand (pictured).
12 litres total: approximately 3 litres above the filter, and approx. 9 litres accessible from the tap at the bottom.
Filter Flow Rate
Approx. 1 litre per hours, based on standard tap water