Go Vita Springwood is committed to ensuring privacy compliance of your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
What personal information do we collect?
Go Vita Springwood may collect the following types of personal information:
- Your name, address and date of birth
- Your contact details
- Profession, occupation or job title
- Details of your payment arrangements – such as credit or debit card, bank account or payment intermediary
- Information about you and your personal position that you provide in the course of your relationship with Go Vita Springwood.
What is the purpose of collecting your personal information?
Go Vita collects personal information about you so that Go Vita can deal with you and offer you products and services as a customer.
How we collect your personal information
Go Vita Springwood may collect personal information about you when you deal with Go Vita in person or by telephone, mail, fax, e-mail or social media or when you visit the Go Vita Springwood web site.
Also Go Vita Springwood on its website uses tracking technologies such as cookies to make use of the website and services as convenient as possible. Cookies are pieces of information that a web site transfers to a computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies. These tracking technologies do not themselves personally identify users, although they do identify a user’s browser. These tracking technologies allow Go Vita Springwood to monitor the Go Vita Springwood web site, and to record how many people are using the different parts of the site. It is possible to set your browser to refuse tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons, however, this may limit the services provided by Go Vita Springwood's web site.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Personal information about you is collected by Go Vita Springwood so that Go Vita Springwood can perform its business activities and functions and supply and market products and services to you. Not least, Go Vita Springwood collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
- to manage your Go Vita Springwood membership;
- to transact and complete transactions with you including completing payment arrangements and making shipping and delivery arrangements;
- to provide you with further information about other products or services Go Vita Springwood can offer;
- to send communications about or supply products and services when requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products and services;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of the Go Vita Springwood website;
- to assess the performance of the Go Vita Springwood website and to improve the operation of the website;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to Go Vita Springwood related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- for the administrative, marketing, planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of Go Vita Springwood and Go Vita related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to provide your updated personal information to Go Vita Springwood related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to update Go Vita Springwood records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any access request or complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority.
Go Vita Springwood will only collect personal information about you directly from you, except where that is unreasonable or impracticable.
If you do not provide Go Vita Springwood with the requested information Go Vita Springwood may not be able to provide you with Go Vita Springwood products or services, or enable you to interact or engage with Go Vita Springwood.
Go Vita Springwood does not send advertising information without obtaining prior consent. If you receive communications from Go Vita Springwood which you do not wish to receive, you may remove your name from the database by contacting Go Vita Springwood using the contact information below. Please allow 14 days for the request to be processed.
Go Vita Springwood will not sell or otherwise provide to any third party any personal information collected or held by Go Vita Springwood, except to; third parties that we contact in relation to verifying and completing payment arrangements and making shipping and delivery arrangements, Go Vita Springwooda related bodies corporate, Go Vita store members, Go Vita Springwood professional advisers, Go Vita Springwood consultants and service providers, intermediaries, Go Vita Springwood auditors and regulators or where required or permitted by law or with your consent.
Go Vita Springwood will keep your hard copy or electronic records on our premises and systems (or that of Go Vita Springwood related bodies corporate) or off site using trusted third parties.
How long is the information kept?
Your personal information may be kept indefinitely.
Security of your personal information
Your personal information may be stored in hardcopy or electronically. Go Vita Springwood has security procedures in place to protect your personal information.
Gaining access to, and seeking correction of, information we hold about you
You may request access to any personal information Go Vita Springwood are still holding about you at any time by contacting Go Vita Springwood (see the details below).
Where Go Vita Springwood holds information that you are entitled to access, Go Vita Springwood will try to provide you with a suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you).
Go Vita Springwood may charge you a reasonable fee to cover Go Vita Springwood administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. Go Vita Springwood will not charge you for simply making the request and will not charge you for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where Go Vita Springwood cannot grant you access to the personal information Go Vita Springwood holds.
For example, Go Vita Springwood may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, Go Vita Springwood will give you written reasons for any refusal.
Making a complaint
If you believe that Go Vita Springwood has interfered with your privacy, please make contact using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that Go Vita Springwood can investigate it.
Go Vita Springwood will treat your complaint confidentially, investigate your complaint and aim to ensure that Go Vita Springwood contacts you within a reasonable time (and in any event within the time required by the Act, if applicable).
Go Vita Springwood will endeavour to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. Once Go Vita Springwood has received the complaint, they will endeavour to provide you with an answer within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with the proposed resolution of your complaint, you may lodge a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
- Online: via www.oaic.gov.au
- By mail: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
- By fax: +61 2 9284 9666
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions or enquiries about privacy at Go Vita Springwood, please contact the Privacy Officer as follows:
Attn: The Business Owner
Go Vita Springwood
138 Macquarie Rd,
Springwood NSW 2777
Tel: (02) 4751 6772
Updates to this policy